Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My new to me 444P Outfitter may be the most accurate rifle I own. 3 shots @ 100 Yds with Leverevolution.
Stoutstuff

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Very nice. 8) 8)

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Very nice,

I'm getting one ragged hole at 50 yds. with mine.

I'm hoping she stays together at 100.

They are great on ground squirrels.

mckmain

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'm going to install a Wild West Trigger and see how it feels. Also find it difficult to place your cheek hold with my set up.
Stoutstuff

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I know that my 444ss doesn't seam to shoot the flex that accurate. ??? ???

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
1895Gunner said:
The 444P loves em. In fact mine just about eats anything with very good groups down range.
When I used the flex tip I get a group 3'' TO 3.5'' , and when I used reloads this tighten up to 1'' to 1.5'' . Much better ;D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to see how the Superformance ammo shoots in the 444P and my 1965 model. In the long run I will need to start reloading as this $1.60 a pop will take its toll!
Stoutstuff

·
Registered
245 Posts
Any of the 1/38 T barrels require a bullet length LESS THAN 0.850" to 0.900" MAX for velocities up to ~24-2500 fs. The 1/20 T will handle just about ANY bullet length that comes in 0.430" OD.

If the Flex-tip bullet is any longer than that and shot in a 1/38 T barrel then your groups will be at the larger end of the size range...3-5"...unless you can get the velocity up to ~3100fs...the velocity that is optimum for a 1/38 T barrel in 0.430" OD. You might get that in a large capacity cased bolt gun... :eek: :(

LUCK

·
Banned
610 Posts
stoutstuff said:
Also find it difficult to place your cheek hold with my set up.
Stoutstuff
There are a few comb pads out there, including a few from industry partners. Just ask if you want more information.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have both a 444 and a 45-70 that shoot identical to yours...and just think..your gun probably isn't even broken in yet..the best is yet to come ;D

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
cant wait to get mine!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just got one on a trade in mint condition myself have not got to shoot it yet has big loop lever took the aimpoint 2x red dot off that came with it and sold it to someone for 325.00 I got a great deal on that trade. you got a nice looking one too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"Any of the 1/38 T barrels require a bullet length LESS THAN 0.850" to 0.900" MAX for velocities up to ~24-2500 fs. The 1/20 T will handle just about ANY bullet length that comes in 0.430" OD.

If the Flex-tip bullet is any longer than that and shot in a 1/38 T barrel then your groups will be at the larger end of the size range...3-5"...unless you can get the velocity up to ~3100fs...the velocity that is optimum for a 1/38 T barrel in 0.430" OD. You might get that in a large capacity cased bolt gun... Shocked Sad"

LUCK

Luck, where did you come up with this? Was it based off of personal experience? Don't tell any of they guys here that their 1/38's won't shoot longer bullets, based on your "theory". Mine loves them, as does every other .444 shooter I personally know. Each rifle is different in their likes and dislikes of bullets, but you paint a pretty wide brush stroke. Flinch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts