Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were setting cans full of water on the 2x6 and exploding them with a few rifles. This 265gr 444 obviously went a little low. I thought it made for an interesting, if not particularily useful picture so I'm sharing. I think it will pretty well stop a charging 2x6 in it's tracks though. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
No contest!! Not fair at all!!!

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I love any post that says XXX VS. YYYYY

anything "VS." is worth reading.....

I don't think any one would have bet on the 2x4 anyways, but it's worth the picture...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I find that bullet does similar damage to Rabbits!
It's a good thing that you've done there, 6x2's are evil and must be stopped at all costs ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used to live near a small woods filled with hickory trees around 4"-5" in diameter. Used to line up as many as possible and try to shoot thru them using the 265's and 240 XTPs. 240's usually went thru 1 1/2 trees. Most I could ever get thru with 265's was three, not because they wouldn't penetrate but because I couldn't get them aligned right. Also penetrated around 25 deer with the same load from 8-165 yds. All complete pass thrus.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
handirandy said:
I used to live near a small woods filled with hickory trees around 4"-5" in diameter. Used to line up as many as possible and try to shoot thru them using the 265's and 240 XTPs. 240's usually went thru 1 1/2 trees. Most I could ever get thru with 265's was three, not because they wouldn't penetrate but because I couldn't get them aligned right. Also penetrated around 25 deer with the same load from 8-165 yds. All complete pass thrus.
You couldn't get the trees lined up, but 25 deer stood in line? ;D

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
handirandy said:
... penetrated around 25 deer with the same load from 8-165 yds. All complete pass thrus.
That has got to be a world record. It would have gotten you in trouble up in my neck of the woods though. Depending on where we hunt, the most tags they will issue one hunter is two per season depending on how many units you hunt in. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts