Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a pre-cross bolt safety Microgroove 444. I want to upgrade it, I have a Leopold scope coming on order. I'm also thinking about new Wolffe springs, a happy trigger kit and an accelerator recoil pad and finally an action job. Is there anything else that I'm missing that might help my guns performance? I will be shooting factory performance 265's. Thanks for any suggestions. God bless and good shooting.

·
Super Moderator
16,940 Posts
Pre crossbolt....probably already worn enough to be slick, so action job isn't needed. I agree with Kaboomer....clean it and shoot it!!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have to agree with the if it is not broken don't fixit. My older pre safety 444 is slick and works great, working the action a few thousand times will produce the best action job.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
I have to agree with the if it is not broken don't fixit. My older pre safety 444 is slick and works great, working the action a few thousand times will produce the best action job.
This!
Even a couple hundred times can make a big difference.

Vooch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you're going to spend money on it, buy it some pretty wood that you love. A set of good sights might be in order depending how you shoot. A new follower if you want to shoot leverevolution stuff. That is about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.