Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Guy here. I have a couple 444’s. My newest is my pistol and I’m looking for load help. I have found that the factory leverevolution 265 ftx is not expanding consistently due to the lower muzzle velocity. So I’m leaning toward Nosler 240/300gr SHP. But would love to hear more opinions. Muzzle velocity is around 1900fps so impact will be lower than that. I deer hunt so I’m looking for more expansion rather than penetration.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Welcome to MarlinOwners!, you might try the 444 forum or Reloading forums to get your answers. Mr Fixit

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Super Moderator
16,668 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - "THE "ORIGINAL 444 MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Welcome from northeast Georgia... have had great results with the regular point, not the gummy tip. Really do not need expansion, with the 265-grain bullet. It is a deer killing machine. Leaves less bloodshot mean than a faster round 243,6.5,270, 284, 30/06. Love those triple 4's, they have a big following on the 444 site. Deer elk moose no problem with triple4. There are reports here of the 265, being, successful killing grizzlies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.