Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i get the 444 tc encore barrel(23" mgm heavy factory), which will take some more time:hmmmm:, what cast bullets are the best for hunting deer/black bear with the 444 marlin and the 44 rem mag with the ruger super redhawk(7 1/2" barrel)?

the 444 marlin can go up to 150 yds while the ruger can go 50-75yds with a mueller red dot scope 1x. i'll try to get the ruger's diameter this week(.429-.432" cylinder chamber) and the encore whenever i get it. :sleep: i am thinking of beartooth or ranch dogs bullets(265-300gr), but i could be wrong:stupido:.
thanks!!!

Beartooth Bullets Secure Online Shopping

Home Page

·
Registered
726 Posts
There really aren't any bad choices for the 444. I am currently using Beartooth 300 grain WFN's. I don't carry my 44 mag with me while hunting much anymore.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
There really aren't any bad choices for the 444. I am currently using Beartooth 300 grain WFN's. I don't carry my 44 mag with me while hunting much anymore.
I really like that bullet, and use it in my .44 rifle.

I use the LCMN DCG in my Redhawk, with a OAL of 1.725", which allows the use of the same load in the two SuperBlackhawks I have. The Redhawk can go out to 1.775", but I want to maintain commonality for the pistols.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts