Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 444 jm marlin, took it apart cleaned lubed. the problem! it jams on feeding, the bullet nose sticks at the top of the chamber, I tryed 2 different bullets same thing. I have a cromebook so I cant post pics right now,

·
Registered
22,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, the bullet case appears to get hung up under the ejector, the lever will not close, and sticks. also this sometimes keeps the case rim from going under the extractor

·
Registered
22,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it!, the internal parts show very little wear, the problem was the ejector was pushing very hard on the left side of the case base, keeping the rim from going under the extractor. also the bottom edge of the ejector was sharp keeping the case from rising further stopping on the closing stroke hindering the case pushing the ejector into its slot. it was cutting into the case, soooo I stoned the bottom of the ejector and bent the spring a little , presto works just fine! if anyone has a problem like this mabe this could help.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
just need to bend the extractor out a little. I have done this with a flat blade screwdriver. It wont take much. hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts