Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSC03022-1.jpg
Hi fellows are you ready for hunting season,got my 444 and 450 shooting as good as usual, got all my tags and ready to go.
As long as the bears leave me alone I think i should do ok, I have been out scouting and have seen some nice mule deer and whitetail bucks around this year, I am going to hold out for a real nice one and probably end like last year didn,t find the one I wanted and ended up taking a meet buck at the end of the season.
Good luck to all off you. Steve!

·
Registered
172 Posts
View attachment 114848
Hi fellows are you ready for hunting season,got my 444 and 450 shooting as good as usual, got all my tags and ready to go.
As long as the bears leave me alone I think i should do ok, I have been out scouting and have seen some nice mule deer and whitetail bucks around this year, I am going to hold out for a real nice one and probably end like last year didn,t find the one I wanted and ended up taking a meet buck at the end of the season.
Good luck to all off you. Steve!
Yuppers!!! I will be just to the east of you Steve. Going to be chasing elk and whitetail just south east of Hinton. 46 grains of h4198 and the 265 grain Hornady grouped awfully nice a couple weeks ago. For the grizzly's sake, here is hoping they don't have to tangle with you this year mister!!!! Mark:biggrin:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Have a good season guys. Life has removed hunting from my "good to go" list so I get my yearly fix from you guys!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have a good season guys. Life has removed hunting from my "good to go" list so I get my yearly fix from you guys!
This applies to me also, but I wish everyone a very safe and freezer filling season. Don't forget to keep us informed of all the details, so we can re-live those days thru you.

·
Super Moderator
16,017 Posts
I'll be chasing Black Bear, Blacktail Deer, and Roosevelt Elk, albeit very slowly (LOL!); with my 444 Marlin® this fall. Hoping for a Bear, Deer, & Elk Sammich!!!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got the model P sighted in and ready to go. It will pretty much drive nails at fifty yards. I'm kinda jealous of you guys who have elk and bear and such to hunt right near where you live. All we got here is white tail deer and wild hogs. We got a cougar prowling around where I hunt but chances of getting a shot are pretty slim to none. But there's always hope.....good hunting everybody, I always enjoy my hunting time even when I come home empty handed.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hoghuntin' in October, Whitetail in November...can hardly wait. Hope to get first blood on my .444P. Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
20,272 Posts
Its been 15+ years ago but i got a 1969 444 mar at a gun show at a gun show price. i paid 135.00 for a 24'' barreled marlin in 95%+ shape! i wish all of you the best of luck in this years hunting season. i also have a 1964 30-30 & a 1950 35 rem in my arsenal. toot-toot!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good luck to all you guys and gals too. I have my 444P sighted in so it is ready. It should drop a whitetail like a bad habit come December here in Ohio. I have her dialed in pretty good at 75 yards. And she hits like the hammer of Thor. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Fall is in the air. Skiff of snow on the peaks the last few days!
Made me drag out the 444 XLR. 46.5 Gr H4198 and 265 Hornady will be in the rifle as I go into the north end of the Gros Ventre range for elk and black bear. Grizzly in there too.
I also have an antelope tag, and an additional cow/calf tag, and the deer license (if I decide to get one).
I'm also going to be carrying my 30-40.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I hunted a long time FOR a 444, now i get to hunt WITH a 444. Mine will go after deer and hogs for sure and If I get drawn, mule deer, aoudad and who knows what all.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Oh Man! you guys are making me jealous all I get to hunt this year is south Alabama whitetail. Oh well I get to take the flinter out for a week before opening day.:biggrin: Have a good season every one. :eating:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts