Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not the best picture but... recently moved to Ohio and have to use a shotgun or straight walled round to hunt with. So I decided to build a 444 on a Mauser action that I had. (The rifle was already sporterized when I bought it) I did a ton of reading on this forum and other sites before I got started and realized that it may not happen due to feeding/ extracting issues. 40 rounds have been fired through it so far with zero problems feeding or extracting. After following the break-in procedure provided by Kreiger I am very impressed with the grouping. I plan on moving out to 100 and 200 when I get it back from being blued/reblued. Should be finished next week sometime.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Super cool build nice job . I have always been a 98 mauser fan. I have seen 45-70 and 444 marlin built on the Siamese mauser but not a 98.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cool rifle! I like it a lot! When I was in gunsmith's school back in the 90s, there was a guy who built a .444 and a .45-70 using 98 Mausers. He bought the receivers from Springfield Sporter and they had never been barreled. That meant he could build them as handguns so he put 12" barrels on them and built custom stocks for them. They were a couple of hand cannons but a ton of fun and he got them both to feed well. Enjoy your rifle! It's pretty awesome!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.