Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is really weird. Just this morning I was wondering why they would not make anything but hollowpoint ammo in 44 cal. I too was hoping that they would make something in JSP or with a pointed tip like the leverloution ammo. I guess though they don't because someone would try to put it in a revolver and jam the cylinder.

Robb

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Hopefully once the factory catches up with demand and component bullets are available to handloaders, we'll be able to experiment with the bullet they're using in the 444. Making a different bullet for the 44 doesn't make much sense. But I don't expect to see the bullets for another year, and they could ALWAYS change their mind about selling them.

Personally, I think it's neat that they came up with the new designs, but I don't really have any use for them. I load pointy ammo in my Marlins already. One in the chamber, one up the tube. When was the last time you got three shots in the game fields?

Papajohn

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
papajohn said:
...I load pointy ammo in my Marlins already. One in the chamber, one up the tube. When was the last time you got three shots in the game fields?

Papajohn
Good point, Papajohn.

I was thinking of doing the same for the next deer season for my 30-30.

Cheers,
Mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts