Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can pick up a 44 Magnum cowboy gun with 24" barrel. I believe I can get it for about $650 out the door. I've been away from the Marlin scene for a few years and I know things have gone crazy. Is this a good price? By the way, it's has a JM stamp.
Thanks

·
Wrangler
395 Posts
That is reasonable, I just checked Armslist, $650 is below average nation wide, and there are no cowboys listed. I wouldn't bat an eye at that price.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Check the serial number. The JM is less an indicator of who made it than confirming that the serial number dates its DOM prior to 2009.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
$650!!! HECK YEA. You wont see one that cheap anytime soon. There is one in our own forsale section for $975. Its pretty dam tempting as in my area, $1000+ has been the norm for Cowboys. The last 3 45-70 Cowboys I have looked at were between $1300 and $1500. Last show had an unfired 38-55 for a $1000. I wouldnt even balk at $650. Heck, tell ME where it is, Ill take it if the condition is nice. Id love a 44 mag CB. Seriously thinking about a Henery though as a $1000+ is just crazyness.

Hayden.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Agree, that's a fair price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm going to pick this one up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Excellent! :congrats:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts