Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,061 Posts
Nice! Your sig should read "Speak softly and carry a *pointy* stick". :)

Reactions: Catherine

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Those Pumas sure are pretty knives, I've been looking for an old Puma Bowie Circa Late 60's to replace the one that was stolen from my family when I was a kid. My father bought it to send to my mother's cousin in Vietnam but he never got the chance to send it to him I- never did get the whole story on why, I presume he died in combat but I may be wrong. In any event the knife was stolen years later but they left the wooden box and sheath, just took the knife out of the box. Too bad vintage Pumas are so expensive.

Stu

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those Pumas sure are pretty knives, I've been looking for an old Puma Bowie Circa Late 60's to replace the one that was stolen from my family when I was a kid. My father bought it to send to my mother's cousin in Vietnam but he never got the chance to send it to him I- never did get the whole story on why, I presume he died in combat but I may be wrong. In any event the knife was stolen years later but they left the wooden box and sheath, just took the knife out of the box. Too bad vintage Pumas are so expensive.

Stu
Thanks Stu. I bought those Pumas about 5 years ago from Sportsmans Guide. It was an awesome deal at about $70 each. They are real German crafted knives, but LOOK OUT...

The new "price point" line is called SGB, which I think means "sucker gonna buy it".
German components, but assembled in China. It definitely shows in the quality.

I went so far as to call Puma and ask them what the heck they were thinking.
Puma USA, was pretty proud of their new line. Look! We made it cheap!

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Alway's liked the Puma's, don't know why I never bought one. I remember drooling over their "White Hunter" knife when I was a kid. Sure do like that bowie! You've got a nice collection there.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
You have a very, very nice collection!

Thank you for sharing.

Cate
PS: My older brother was a Scout too!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Not too shabby!!!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Nice collection!

·
Registered
20,530 Posts
Nice lookin' family y'a got there!:tee:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have a very, very nice collection!

Thank you for sharing.

Cate
PS: My older brother was a Scout too!
Thanks Cate, but I weren't much of a scout. I made it for one year in the Cub Scouts before I was asked not to come to anymore den meetings. Something about my mom being fat and some kid getting beat up. Oh well, it was my first knife, and I still like it. Got a Six Million Dollar Man watch for Christmas that day to. Wish I still had that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts