Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy question comin.... Anyone have a 410 shotgun, Laser Bore Sighter, they seem cheap on auction sites, but 45-70 rifle Laser Bore Sighters seem hard to get.

Would a 410 one, with the body carefully, equally wrapped with teflon tape if necessary, work? Just to get a 'near enough' dot for fitting new scopes at 25 yards.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Leupold makes a magnetic bore sight that I've used & have had success with. I like that it magnetically attaches to the barrel. It's a
Leupold Zero Point Magnetic Illuminated Boresighter. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have a CenterPoint All-In-One Laser Boresighter that I got at Walmart a couple of years ago for under $20. It works from .17 through .50 plus shotgun 12, 16 & 20 Gauge. Has worked on three different rifles with no problems. On paper with first round every time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why spend the money. Pull your bolt, secure rifle in a cradle, look through bbl at a sight you set up at 25 yds, adjust scope hairs till they center on bulls eye. Done. This will get you on paper, then you can fine tune.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Why spend the money. Pull your bolt, secure rifle in a cradle, look through bbl at a sight you set up at 25 yds, adjust scope hairs till they center on bulls eye. Done. This will get you on paper, then you can fine tune.
+1 for this method.

Was able to sight in the scout scope no problem doing the old school bore sight.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
I fully agree. At least a half dozen new rifles a year get this treatment. Except, I do it at 100 yards and I'm on paper at 50 yards every time. I never understood the need for a bore sighting device, and I've dinked around with over 100 rifles in the last 20 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts