Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I recently became the owner of a 1894s in 41 Rem Mag BUT the magazine tube has been cut short and the barrel ported. The barrel is 20" and the tube seems to be half of this.

I am looking to try and get it back to as close to original as possible so would need to replace the cut mag tube with a suitable full length replacement, as well as get the barrel band and fore end cap. The porting has not affected the forend screw and band holes.

I was wondering if any of the other 1894 tubes (44 Mag, .357 etc) would be a suitable fit diameter wise?

I've also looked at the 336 tubes in 30/30 and wondering if these would be a suitable clone?

Anybody know anything about this or have any experience or recommendations with this?

Many thanks
Pete

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I believe a 44 Mag tube would work, not sure about the 30-30 tube. Check out Numrich's web site to see if they have what you need in stock. Midway USA also has Marlin parts so check there too.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Bwanapete, depending on how they attached the shorter mag tube, there may be a dovetail or groove in the barrel that will be seen if you go back to a longer tube. This may or may not bother you. I kind of like Sniper's idea of shortening the barrel. Just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help and suggestions, I'm going to be taking down the gun and cleaning it soon so will look at what works best - I wanted it back to original condition as I assume this would make it a collectors item.

This will be my very first 1894 so am new to them but quite excited to try it out - I got 100 rounds in the deal too so will be heading to the range this week.

I like the idea of cutting it down though, will make it very handy.
Thanks
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.