Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a heads up: Davidson's has a new Marlin in 41 Mag in Stainless Steel. 16 1/2 in barrel and a laminated stock, but we better hurry as they've only made 250 of them. It shore looks purty !!!! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
HowdyC, your tearing my heart out. I just told the wife that, with current finances and commitments, new gun buying will have to wait for awhile. :cry:

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's great. The .41 stainless sounds cool but I don't get it. Marlin can put out a special run but can't get a cataloged item like the 32 H&R CB out for over a year. Can't buy both and it looks like I probably won't get either one.

I'm about to cancel my order for the .32 due to loss of interest.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
41Retro - I know your problem ( I used to have it too). Believe it or not I'm selling my last bolt action to get this gun. I really love 41 Mags and with only 250 being made I just had to go for it. I'll let you know how it shoots in a couple of weeks. :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thats and absolutely beautiful rifle. It sure would look good with a ruger superblackhawk stainless hunter to go with it. If I hadn't just purchased a new rifle with my tax return I'd be all over it.

G

·
1okie1

HowdyC said:
41Retro - I know your problem ( I used to have it too). Believe it or not I'm selling my last bolt action to get this gun. I really love 41 Mags and with only 250 being made I just had to go for it. I'll let you know how it shoots in a couple of weeks. :oops: :lol:
I'm not making an effort to correct you, I'm curious about is why it is a total of 251 of them being made?

I too really like this model, except for the sight. Those selling them are asking MSRP and more for them. I guess it's worth it. I've called all over town and no one has them, I just didn't want to have to buy it over the internet.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ira41magfan - No problem, you're right (251). Musta been one of my senior moments, sorry :oops: :shock: :D
My guess is that they feel thats how many they can sell. I do know that once Davidson's makes a special run it won't ever be made again as I've called them to see if they would make anymore of the 336, in 35 Rem, Guides and they said "No" never.

G

·
1okie1

HowdyC, I have been thinking like yourself and selling my last bolt gun just to obtain one. Knowing me, I tend to procrastinate too long. :shock:

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Does this mean maybe if we wrote Davidson's and asked them nicely (but loudly) that they could commission a run of stainless 357's? An initial run of about 10,000 ought to do.............I'd like six!

PJ

G

·
papajohn said:
Does this mean maybe if we wrote Davidson's and asked them nicely (but loudly) that they could commission a run of stainless 357's? An initial run of about 10,000 ought to do.............I'd like six!

PJ
I'd get 3! One for each hand and a extra one. you know.. for slow dancing. :D

·
Banned
461 Posts
I got one!! It is a very nice rifle, but the Marlin bullseye is missing from the stock :? It's a little thing and heavy. I took the stock off to get some plastic wrap out from between the tang and the stock and noticed the stock was extra heavy. This thing ought to have about no kick at all. Cant' wait to go play :D

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
You lucky dog, you! That's got to be such a cool gun to fondle and admire, I love my 1894SS but it's a regular production gun. Let us know how it shoots and post a pic if you get a chance. It'll probably be the only look I ever get at one!

Papajohn

·
Banned
461 Posts
I don't know when I'l get a chance to get out to shoot it in the near future, but as soon as I can, I'l let you know how it shoots. It sure feels nice. Here are the pictures of it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well guys I picked mine up last Saturday and got to shoot it Thursday at the range, took a bunch of levers. Got to shoot the new marlin last. She's a real honey with only one problem. Won't cycle worth a darn, hangs up on the extractor. I'm going to do a little polishing and if that won't work I'll send her back to Marlin to fix. The thing is she seems to be a shooter. Shot some BB 170 gr. at 50 yds. and got 3 rounds touching ( after about 5 rounds to get on the paper. What do you think, should I keep her? :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Marlin .41 mag

Got mine Saturday. Number 219. Wow, what a beautiful rifle. I'm hoping Marlin will see fit to do the same configuration in .357 and .44 as well.

G

·
super38

I have #159...The gun is really nicely finished. The action was a little stiff at first but after working it a bit with some good oil it seems to have smoothed out. The trigger however is the heaviest and creepiest of any Marlin that I have ever owned. That is going to have to be taken care of is really good shooting from field positions is going to be realized.

In doing some timed shooting against another Marlin 1894S in .41 Magnum and a Ruger Mini 30, the LTD was hanicapped by the heavy trigger and fiberoptic sights. The LTD is also somewhat muzzle light due to the short barrel and laminated stock.

So, off came the sights and in their place now rides a Brockman Peep Sight and a .600/.100 XS whiteline front sight. The difference has been wonderful to say the least. Groups shrank from 3-4" at 50 yards to 1.5". Also I am not sure who sighted in these guns at the factory but there was no way to lower the rear sight to even come close to point of impact. Also added was a XS Scout Mount as is on the 1894S with an original 60s vintage Leupold IER scope. This has helped move the balance point about 2" further toward the barrel and made handing much quicker. Also added was a Uncle Mikes Mountain sling with nickel swivels. It is a nice match for the gun and everything is still rust resistant.

Once the trigger job is done this will be a great little rifle. Hope one day Marlin will make some more of them for all those that didn't get one this time. I have watched about 15 of them sell in several gun shops and on the auction sites. Cheapest so far has been $550, the last one on GunBroker a few days ago went for $705.00.

Wonder when the next caliber is due out.....Bob

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can someone tell me if the laminated stocks on this little .41 would work on my 1895GS? I like the looks of the gray laminted stocks with that stainless steel.

Jay

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I have #079. I've shot it about 150 times and it is starting to smooth up nice. It was horrible the first shooting session. The factory sights are horrible ( to me) and I'm waiting to see RJM's before changing mine. I wish marlin would d+t for the williams sights like they used to. Overall I like the rifle and am glad I bought it. They should make a run in .357, .44 mag, and .45 colt

1 - 20 of 25 Posts