Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While perusing the web I happened to run across these 38-40 boolits. Wasn't even looking for any---just happened to stumble on them. By buying all 3 boxes ( 1500 total) they were shipped for free. The price was such that I couldn't pass them up---I can now shoot 38-40 for less than "normal" priced .22's. There's 40 pds. total--the mailman was pizzed off to say the least.

DSCN0479.JPG DSCN0481.JPG Bullet with blue lube is what I used to slug my barrel.

These happen to be the identical bullet I've been shooting in my '94 with excellent results. Bullets are sized to .401 and will work perfectly. The bullet shown on the left I pulled from some Black Hills ammo I have. Bullet on the right is from the batch I just got---they are identical other than the lube differences. I should be set for the 38-40 for awhile. Wish I could find them all like this---we can't mold our own this cheap.

Steve--:tee:

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Steve - If you go to Happenz 4 what are you going to shoot the third day? :biggrin:
Good find by the way.
Shenandoah

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I was going to say he might (!!!??) Be set for a trip to the u-pick...
Maaaayyyybeee!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shenandoa---

Thanks--I guess 1500 rounds through the same rifle in 3 days is doable----never tried it before though.

SteveWhr---

Thanks--Yep--right place right time----I've bought brass in these quantities before but never boolits.

Doug---

Thanks-----even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile.

erimort---

Thanks--not sure about any trips yet but definitely enough for me to work up a few loads for the '94

Ray---

Thanks---you forgot the most important one---the .427 :biggrin: I did ask if he had any more sizes/calibers, turns out he bought these quite a few years ago and forgot he had them, found them during some spring cleaning I guess. Should last me awhile.

Steve :tee:

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I realize 1500 boolits is not a large amount to some of our more serious shooters/reloaders here but it was a substantial amount for me for a one time buy. I usually buy 500 at a time. 40 pounds of boolits is a lot in my mind. We'll see how long they last as time goes by.

Steve:tee:

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Steve - I envy you your mailman. Mine will not deliver anything heavier than a letter. Even a small "priority Mail" white box gets me a post card "attempt to deliver" notice, which I have to drive into town to the post office to pick up the next day. Only way I would get a 40 pound box would be FedEx or UPS. Shenandoah

Reactions: ia1727

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shenandoah----
My mailman really is a nice guy. He never misses a chance to give me crap when he can though . Every once in awhile I get on a streak on e- bay or a auction sites and he lets me know about the volume of packages he has to bring to the door because they are to big for the mail box. We live in the country so he does drive up to the house reluctantly.

Steve---:tee:

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Good buy on the lead. I hope it is tons of fun to shoot. My mail guy is friendly, we have a good UPS guy too.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
When ya see a deal, ya gotta jump on it and ya did. Good job and ya deserve braggin rights!

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
MM22UC - It will take a powder magazine to hold all the powder it will take to shoot all those bullets. It is a nice collection of bullets. Shenandoah

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve you're not "nuts". I'll call your 40 pounds and raise you a couple hundred lol. Mark. View attachment 99336
Mark----

Good to know I'm not nuts----is that pic one of those " Go Big or Go Home" scenarios ? Very impressive--I doubt there's that many boolits in our whole town.

Steve--:tee:

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Steve,

Fine deal. The price is only going up. And the free shipping, really helps. Primers being what they are, today.

No problem shooting 1500 rds of pistol caliber ammo, in three days. Just call ahead, so as Wind has an ample supply of the Dinger Ringing Face Cream, on hand. LOL

Don't let me hold you up, get to pulling the handle, on your press! ROTFLMAO!

Later, Mark

Reactions: ia1727

·
Registered
525 Posts
Steve it was one of those "deals" you couldn't pass up. The pic was just 45 acp bullets. I got another pile of 9mm and a wheelbarrow full of virgin brass and fired brass which is what I was really interested in. Oh and there was about 50,000 primers. Unfortunately no lever gun caliber stuff. Figured I can swap the 45 acp stuff with msharley...I know he probably shoots that much in a couple of months lol. Mark.

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Mark,

All ears.

Later, Mark

Reactions: MM22UC and ia1727
1 - 20 of 20 Posts