Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 39D at the gun show today. Looks at least 90%. Took it apart after bringing it home. Not ben shoot very much by the looks of it. No sling swivels
and no ramped front sight. Made in 1972. Had a Redfield 3/4 4x 22 scope had
to put it on. Small scope just looks right on it. Can't see open sights very good.
Now if the weather is fair I'll shoot it soon. It's a lot lighter than my 39A.
Scope is about the same age as the 39D. Bought two of them in the early 70's.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
You make me jealous... :( How much did you pay for it?

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
bob kk said:
Found a 39D at the gun show today. Looks at least 90%. Took it apart after bringing it home. Not ben shoot very much by the looks of it. No sling swivels
and no ramped front sight. Made in 1972. Had a Redfield 3/4 4x 22 scope had
to put it on. Small scope just looks right on it. Can't see open sights very good.
Now if the weather is fair I'll shoot it soon. It's a lot lighter than my 39A.
Scope is about the same age as the 39D. Bought two of them in the early 70's.
Hey Bob,

Sounds like a good day spent at that gun show...........39D's are rather rare. That's a nice find.
Let us know how it shoots.

Tom

·
Banned
311 Posts
Hi Bob-Congrats on your find. Great rifle. I much prefer them to the Mountie because of the pistol grip. Wheres the pix??? ;D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hunter718 said:
Hi Bob-Congrats on your find. Great rifle. I much prefer them to the Mountie because of the pistol grip. Wheres the pix??? ;D
[/

I'll get a picture of it soon. Taking it to a smith for trigger job. He did one on my 39-A years ago. Nice 2lb pull now if the 39-D's that good it'll be good. How does 450 sound. Almost didn't buy it. Two Marlin and a 96-22 all lever guns now. Ruger trigger was reworked by TT Shooter. Little over 3lb and no creep or over travel. May sell the Ruger. Got a few Bolt guns and 10-22's.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
bob kk said:
hunter718 said:
[/

I'll get a picture of it soon. Taking it to a smith for trigger job. He did one on my 39-A years ago. Nice 2lb pull now if the 39-D's that good it'll be good. How does 450 sound. Almost didn't buy it. Two Marlin and a 96-22 all lever guns now. Ruger trigger was reworked by TT Shooter. Little over 3lb and no creep or over travel. May sell the Ruger. Got a few Bolt guns and 10-22's.
How much will you take for the Ruger, what condition is it in, and how long can you hold it until I get the money?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts