Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When that little spring in the top of the reciever is where its supposed to be. Right after I got mine I was taking it down. I thought that was just a filler screw. Well I got it out but couldn't get it to screw back in. When I broke the rifle down to clean it, a little spring fell out. Couldn't figure out where it went so I stuck it in my parts box til I could figure it out.

Fast forward to the range. Shot good. Ejected great. Wouldn't feed a round fast to save its life. Strange. Wonder why.

Found a schematic today and got to looking and saw the mystery spring. Its a round alignment spring or something like that.

voila!

Broke it down tonight, pulled the scope off, put the spring in. Loaded her up with 18 rounds and it would feed em about as fast as I could rack the lever. No more finicky feed.

SWEET. Man the more I learn about the 39a the more I love it. Now I need a companion for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Joe S. said:
When that little spring in the top of the reciever is where its supposed to be. Right after I got mine I was taking it down. I thought that was just a filler screw. Well I got it out but couldn't get it to screw back in. When I broke the rifle down to clean it, a little spring fell out. Couldn't figure out where it went so I stuck it in my parts box til I could figure it out.

Fast forward to the range. Shot good. Ejected great. Wouldn't feed a round fast to save its life. Strange. Wonder why.

Found a schematic today and got to looking and saw the mystery spring. Its a round alignment spring or something like that.

voila!

Broke it down tonight, pulled the scope off, put the spring in. Loaded her up with 18 rounds and it would feed em about as fast as I could rack the lever. No more finicky feed.

SWEET. Man the more I learn about the 39a the more I love it. Now I need a companion for it.
By "companion", I would assume you are thinking Mountie, or TDS, or CB?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yep. She needs a mountie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts