Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have just acquired a marlin 39 a 22. there is no letter in the serial number. the number is 182#####. has micro grooved barrel and is marked original golden 39 a. serial number is on top tang. any info would be good. thanks Scott.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i used to have a 39 a mountie when i was younger. i should have kept it. this one will make a good replacement.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Welcome to MO Forum, and congrats on your new 39A.

1. You need to put some pics up.
2. Also, it's usually a good idea to not post the complete serial number. Use x's for the last four digits.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. My first 39A is a 1982 model. It looks new. Yes, post some pictures. If you wear a foil hat while posting, you don't need to worry about listing the serial number. :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congrats on the 39a! I too have a 1982 39a. Kinda different it not having the typical gold trigger huh. The way I understand it, there were about three years there where they made 'em with blued triggers. it might have been 4 years. Anyway...they are nice looking sweet shootin rifles!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats on a fine rifle :congrats:
We love pictures :flute:
Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
now i wish i had of taken a picture of it. they welded the barrel on pretty good. but they didn't headspace it properly. it was rechambered to 22 wrf. when it shot it was accurate. you had to hold the pump handle fore ward tightly to fire it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts