Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to scope my 39a and I have been looking for one of the old style steel tip off baseplates . I have looked at a lot of ususal sources such as gunparts, jackfirst dickwilliams, & wisners and no luck. Does anyone have any idea where I might locate one?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
There are several of that description right now on EBay. Not sure exactly what you need. Base? Rings? Both?

Look for "tip off" and also "swing over" bases and mounts.

Marlin levers all have flat receiver tops. As long as you find a flat base, you can use it. But you may need to drill a hole or two in the base. The Weaver 83B base is flat and can act as a template.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for a 3/8 groove tip off base . Swing over or pivot is another thing entirely. I have one of those on an old Win Mod 70. Great on guns with iron sights. With the old "tip off" system you just loosen the ring where it clamps to the base and tip it over to the side and remove.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I replyed to your thread over on RFC. Hope to wish you good luck. You will find one yet, and probably someone here will have a spare.
I saw your reply there, thanks!

Later I did get throug to DickWillams guns, and they have what I want in stock, about 1/3 the asking price on ebay. I am not certain which one I have coming from ebay, just know it is Marlin original part, so will most probably keep it for a future project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts