Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an old 39A in the safe and I have been considering a peep sight set up to show the grand kids there is more to this world than fancy optics. Been looking at the options and wondering if any one here can give me some +/- of the different variations. Kinda leaning toward the Skinner.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,701 Posts
I've got a Williams adjustable with target knobs on my 1979 Mountie. Also picked up a Merit peep with the adjustable aperture size. I love this setup! One accurate rifle!

AC

·
Premium Member
4,945 Posts
My 39A has a Skinner sight too. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Have an old 39A in the safe and I have been considering a peep sight set up to show the grand kids there is more to this world than fancy optics. Been looking at the options and wondering if any one here can give me some +/- of the different variations. Kinda leaning toward the Skinner.
IAwolfeman,

I have the Williams fool proof with target knobs for small bore silhouette work. It makes for quick, easy, and accurate sight adjustments across the course of fire. They make top mount and side receiver mount versions. For quicker adjustments, you can also pick up a target knob screw to replace the slot lock screw. If you do not need the quick adjustment and bulk of the knobs, they have other options without.

Outside of Williams direct, the company with the largest selection is (Buffaloarms.com) A set of the twilight eye cups are also a good investment. They also have 1/2" twilight eye cups for target work.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.