Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago, I asked a question about the magazine tubes on the Mounties. I believe Doc told me that the dimensions had changed but I can't remember the details. Of course, what with the trip with Miss Daisy I didn't get to the point of making the repair. I hope that somebody here can help me out once again. If these details are in the Brophy book I couldn't find them. :oops:

I have a 1956 39A Mountie. The outer magazine tube latch point is a bit dodgy and a previous owner has further mucked it up. It works, but well, I just can't stand it less than perfect like the rest of the gun. :roll: I'd like to replace the outer tube. The inner tube is fine. Did the interior diameter of the outer magazine tube change? The outside diameter? If the inside dia changed I presume I'll need a new inner mag tube, correct? Would a new outer tuben correctly fit in the old gun? Is there another fix?

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I think I measured my 1957 last time you asked, so I'll measure it again, and see what it is. I've got a few complete tube assemblies, so I'll check it against the newer ones I have. The worst case scenario would be you'd have to change the hangers along with the tube assembly.
Drop me an email Hobie. [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts