Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising the local bass fishing forum yesterday when I noticed a 39a for sale . No pictures . Asking price $300 .
I promptly shot off a PM offering $250.00 . I basically forgot about it , passing it of as a pipe dream . This morning I look at my tablet & notice I have 1 unread PM in my inbox : " $250.00 will be fine "

I arranged a meeting for it as soon as I could & went to pick it up .

Turns out to be what the seller said was a late 60s model . Rifle is in excellent condition . No rust , no pitting almost flawless bluing . The wood has one light surface scratch which I think can be buffed out . The white spacers are shrunk but that is an easy fix . Shiny barrel , tight smooth action .

The serial # is kind of odd (see pic ) . I think V= 1961 . Not sure what to make of the X ??

Al 100_1016.JPG 100_1020.JPG 100_1024.JPG 100_1026.JPG 100_1028.JPG

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey Alman,

That is a great looking 39A! (hear sirens? flashing lights?) LOL!

Great score, and am glad for you!

Later, Mark

Reactions: alman

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
You stole that gun. $300 would have been a great deal. As to the X, it looks like the started the ser# wrong, and then did it right. Maybe the X just denotes it.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
That's a steal!! And sirens you're hearing following you home!!

Reactions: msharley and alman

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Great deal alman! I guess some of us bass fisherman were born last night. That might very well be the nicest, cheapest, 39a purchased in the 21st Century! I'd call Guinness...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Score !!!

Very nice.

B

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Wow! WOW! WOW!

Well done, indeed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deals like this are far from the norm here as well ditto . I paid close to $450.00 for a 1953 39a several months ago . That one did not even approach the condition this one is in . I thought I got a great deal at $450.00 for that one . :marchmellow:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great find. Wish I came across more deals like that. Looks to be in really good shape. I would've gave him $300 and been leaving with a smile. But this is one model I've never owned so I need one. :biggrin:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice steal! Gun looks great!

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
I always make a low offer even if it is a good deal. You done very well, good year without the grief the new ones come with.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Awesome deal! Happy shootin!

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Great Price!! last one I saw was listed at 450 in a pawn shop. They weren't coming down at all. Didn;t have the required amount at the time. It was gone next time I went in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts