Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one elsa has had this happen. I sometimes will shoot a few Velocitors out of a 1957 39A just for a 5 shot group. I noticed that when I do the lever works very stiff. Last time I saw some flash and blow out on my 5th shot from the side of the riifle. I haven't shot any of these rounds since through this rifle. They seem to work fine in the rest of my Marlins.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Grizz, I shot some CCI velocitors out of a friends Weatherby semi-auto a couple of weeks ago, and I had a nasty experience with a couple of them.
They seemed to throw off loads of “Sparks” as they were ejected, and I caught one of them in my right eye. :shock:
Not to be recommended I think.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Grizz

I've shot quite a few through my 1897CL (39A) and the only problem I've ever had with them is that they don't group as tight as the subsonics.

firstshot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Now, this worries me! I recently bought 200 rounds of CCI Stingers which, I was told, fires like WMR's. I have not tried it with my 39AS as of yet...and now I hear this! :cry:

Are Stingers really that unstable? Are the groupings really bad? I hope I was not duped by that counter-guy into buying the stuff because they are quite expensive back here. Please reply...anyone?! :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think it is the Stingers that are longer than normall 22 length and may give some problems. Don't know how they shoot because after I heard that I never tried them.

As far as the Velociters go, they will group in my 1897 @ and inch or less at 25 yds so they are just fine for hunting, but most of the subsonics group tighter. I like Wolf Match Target. They are cheep and accurate.

firstshot

·
Registered
70 Posts
Genesis; Hopefully you will have better luck with the Stingers than I have. I haven't had any funtioning problems with them, but in all six of my .22s, they were by far the least accurate ammo I have tried, and I have experimented with about a dozen different .22 rounds looking for the most accurate. I agree with firstshot, that the Wolf MT is very accurate, but at least in my area it isn't very inexpensive. Glen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts