Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had been up for the weekend and we scattered water filled milk jugs all over the field.
Today was clean up day and there were some un-shot. So I grabbed the 1957 39 and a sandwich bag containing some Win super X to dispatch the jugs.
Take careful aim and fire . Its a rather strange twangy report, again and again then a FTF and more twangs and FTF.
Can't believe it I had just shot several tubes yesterday and the Ol Girl hasn't failed me since purchased
She's got almost as much experience as I do.
Gathered some unfired casings and back to the cleaning table.

Top three / left are unfired - the bottom three /right are FTF
Inspection reveals plenty of strike power so grab all available types of 22LR handy and back to the field .
6 round of five types and no FTF
She is still as sound as ever-
This has been my most reliable, oldest , accurate [within 50 yards] and fun shooting Marlin of all - I love this gun
This has been a unpaid testimonial .
Tom
Tom

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
So it was bad ammo?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Halwg said:
So it was bad ammo?
Yep. Only conclusion I can draw.
That bag is in the trash. I seem to recall having problems with my Ruger pistol about a year ago that I could never figure out. May have been the same problem ammo.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had the same thing with different guns. Pulled the bullets and no priming compound.
Had it with some Win and Rem. Had a Win Dyna Point and one Win 333 that the back of the rim blew off. Over charged or bad brass. One was in a bolt gun the other one in a 39D.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have some federal / REm / Win wildcat but what shoots best in mine is a old 500 rd box of Win Xpert RNHP.
The rest shoots but its more accurate. Do they make the Federal automatch in HP ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts