Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
naw just kidding....actually a H&R~.i think i posted this earlier, and the site "lost" it....but i was just trying to find out more about these ol pistols....this one was "gone" to a friend shouse for a few years..now she's home to stay! anybody here can tell me more about them, i would appreciate it! :wink:
perfect bore, 6" tube....just a fine ol "night stand" gun!

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Hard to find with a 6 inch brl.3 or 4 is the norm.I think these were discontinuid at the begining of WW2 and was called the"Police Positive"0r"Defender"

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I agree that the long barrels are scarce in these. I have an article on 'Sat night specials' & will e-mail details after I've had a nap. - Just got home. SW

·
Registered
394 Posts
I once HAD a beauty of a S&W DA 38, 3rd Model, with a 6" barrel. It was a nice shooter. Factory ammo is loaded to original specs, so pressures are very low. Yours looks nice. It should be a hoot to shoot!

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
A friend of mine who's hobby is hunting wild gen sein in the copperhead infested mountains of SW Virginia totes an old 6 inch Owl Head 38SW top break loaded with roll your own rat-shot.He says"If he's(the snake) close enough to strike,then I am too".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts