Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
BP equivalent load dead hog. Most don't use one that light anymore. Good job.

DEP
Most shooters are brain-washed by the gun rag media to believe velocity and expanding bullets is necessary for any hope of success. Totally untrue. The Unique load of 9 to 10 grains has a bullet of 240+ grains traveling at a velocity of 12 to 1400 FPS, more than adequate for a pass thru shot on any north American animal. And the WFN bullet will tear a large hole. I have seen a deer and a bear both shot in the chest when facing the shooter....the bullet went thru the animal length ways exiting the hip and continuing on it's way. I tested that on water jugs by shooting the jugs in a line the Unique load penetrates about 18 to 19 gallon jugs filled with water. My 300 Win Mag will penetrate, after a spectacular display of sprayed water, only penetrated 3 to 4 jugs. So much for high velocity.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I love that country out there. I haven't figured out how to make a living out there, but it's nice to visit.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I've seen his relatives between Camp Wood and Rocksprings. It's amazing how fast they can run through those rocks. Unless they are the one that got hit of course. That one gets his picture taken.

Reactions: Da Duke
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.