Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago, on the old Marlin Talk, there was a gentleman who had his stainless 336 rebored and rechambered to .38-55. Unfortunately, I can't recall his handle but I would love to hear how his gun is doing. I would also like to find out who did the reboring work. If this rings a bell with anyone, send me an email to [email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
38/55 Rebore

Doc I can't help you to find the guy who had the rebore job, but I can tell you how to get a 38/55 cheep. And the best you can get. Just send your rifle back to Marlin and ask for a Cowboy conversion. It was only like $280 when I got mine done maybe a year ago. This gun shoots cast bullets better than any lever rifle I have. And it's done by the factory!! They put on everything new the barrel,mag. tube, sights and forarm. Give them a call you cant go wrong with the factory doing the work. And they send you back all your old stuff. Good Luck >>Tombstone

·
Registered
88 Posts
38/55

M1894 I don't know if they will or not, you only know if you call them. They are real nice on the phone. I think the girl I talked to was one of the owners. Anyway they asked for my ser.# so I think that maybe they only do newer guns?? I don't know. But call them it's only a phone call and then you will know. I shot mine yesterday with 10gr. Unique Lyman 375248 cast of 20to1 , ten shots into 1and1/2 inchs at 100yds. and six were in 3/4". I like my Marlin conversion. Good Luck I hope they can do yours. >>Tombstone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts