Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been spending a lot of time lately on bullets for the 38-55. Casting, loading, shooting, and researching.

I really do not have a lot of new information that others have not already conveyed. There is a lot of information on this forum (that I find easier to find with a Google search than the search engine on the forum) that dates back many years. The same bullets that I am working with now are the same bullets that others have used and tested in the past, Lee 379-250, Lyman 375449, 375248, RanchDog 379-235, Oregon Laser-Cast and others.

Being a hunter, there is one particular thread is one I always find myself looking for. Mainly because the thread has a lot of information on my favorite 38-55/.375 bullet, the Lyman 375449 GC.

I finally stuffed it in my Evernote database so I would not have to keep searching for it! I personally think it deserves consideration for a sticky.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/3...4008-marlin-38-55cb-hunting-loads-please.html

As you read through this you will note that most of the contributors are still the contributors today. You can even go back several more years and find the same. This is a good thing! We still have access to this experience.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Hey TB, while searching through mail order .380" dia cast bullets I came across a outfit called maplewood cast bullets. I sent them a email listing what I was looking for and what I had on hand. This was Saturday night and within minutes he was getting back to me with a list of what he could produce that was larger than indicated on the website. I have no stake in this place I was just pleased he was on it so fast. He also gave me a little tip about my 375449 mold. Being a novice I just wasn't thinking I guess, I have to see stuff more than once you know. Get a 380 sizer and bump it up in my Lubri sizer. I will get back to you on this as I intend to give it a go. That was a very good thread you posted there. Those fellers plowed this ground awhile back. And did quite well at it too.
Phil

·
Registered
837 Posts
Greetings
Those basic three lead pills (especially the first two) have probably downed more game than we could take pictures of the railroad cars needed to haul it all away.
It is just hard to improve upon 120 years of what works very well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey TB, while searching through mail order .380" dia cast bullets I came across a outfit called maplewood cast bullets. I sent them a email listing what I was looking for and what I had on hand. This was Saturday night and within minutes he was getting back to me with a list of what he could produce that was larger than indicated on the website. I have no stake in this place I was just pleased he was on it so fast. He also gave me a little tip about my 375449 mold. Being a novice I just wasn't thinking I guess, I have to see stuff more than once you know. Get a 380 sizer and bump it up in my Lubri sizer. I will get back to you on this as I intend to give it a go. That was a very good thread you posted there. Those fellers plowed this ground awhile back. And did quite well at it too.
Phil
Phil...

In fact... I just received my .380 sizer from Buckshot over on the CastBoolits forum!

Reactions: sub11#s
1 - 5 of 5 Posts