Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty excited this morning. Some time back ,with confidence inspired from posts and info from the forum members, I completely disassembled my 38-55. I dropped all the parts into the soaking tank and shipped the barrel off to be relined with a TJ liner. A few days ago I got the barrel back. By now some time has passed. So when I got all the cleaned parts out and arrayed them for reassembly it was a little intimidating. Fearful thoughts of panicked PM'S or calls to members with a plea for help flashed across my mind. But using forum info for the few snags I encountered, I was surprised how easily it went back together. The tang was already drilled and tapped so I dug out the MVA I have been itching to try and mounted it. So here she is, hopefully later today I will get out to the range and see how it shoots. With the MVA and 30" of barrel surely I can hit something--HappenZ look out. SteveB

IMG_20140619_172548.jpg IMG_20140619_172505.jpg IMG_20140619_172706.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
It's gonna be a great Friday. Congratulations sub11#. Looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Congrats Steve--

Won't need to go to the Happenz------with that 30" tube and MVA you'll be able to reach the Happenz from yur backyard. Looks really nice, hopefully the range time will turn out great.

Steve

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Steve,

That's a beauty, congrats.

That long barrel is something, some might even call it artillery!

Looking forward to a range report.

B

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
That Rocky Mountain Blade looks like it's to far away to even see. Georgeous rifle!:congrats:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Alright Steve! More toys for the Happenz! Make sure ya got plenty of ammo for that beauty. It should be broke in after a thousand rounds or so.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Right pretty lady ya got there Steve! Like the rest, I'm waiting to hear a range report! DP

Reactions: sub11#s

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Dang that things purdy all dressed up with an MVA sight. Wish I had one for mine. Anxious to hear how pleased you are with the reline.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The biggest problem I have with my 30 inch barreled Marlin is I am always banging into things. My wife is always telling me to be careful with that gun when she hears a loud bang coming from my gun room. lol

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Figuring on setting a new dinger and hope to see near 1,000 yards from the shop door.
Should someone maybe inform the Canadian Consulate of this, just so nobody North of the Border gets "jumpy". :biggrin:

B

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hey there Steve -- We'll all just be a lookin' - most likely a little droolin' as well !! Figuring on setting a new dinger and hope to see near 1,000 yards from the shop door. Should be a good initial run for the "30". Best regards. Wind
Hey Wind- I hope you have that hand truck repaired from last year. It sounds to me like we're going to be hauling a dinger 1,000 yards up the hill to set up. I'm ready if you are!

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there G -- It is. I've got a new dinger hanger designed and we won't have to haul another wide frame up there this year. Should make the hanger less prone to hits and I hope we'll have better "ding-tone" as well. We're getting to be short timers. Looking forward to seeing you again!! Best regards. Wind

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
Hey WIND - I've got a two wheeler hand truck I can bring if desired. Time's getting short....

Jeff

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts
Hey Steve,

Great looking rifle!

Later, Mark

1 - 20 of 20 Posts