Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I treat what .375 Win. brass I have with tender loving care, no resizing and lower than average pressure. I have looked for new and lightly used cases with no real success and getting worse as the year's roll by.
Any ideas for a source?

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
I treat what .375 Win. brass I have with tender loving care, no resizing and lower than average pressure. I have looked for new and lightly used cases with no real success and getting worse as the year's roll by.
Any ideas for a source?
I posted a thread, I believe yesterday, on available .375 Ammo. I purchased 7 boxes of different weights and loads (which aren't available anywhere else). Got an email from UPS that the ammo is on the way and will be delivered Tuesday. Pretty decent price on some of the ammo/loads when you consider you get the brass with it.

Here's what I ordered:

Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC

1. .375 Winchester loaded with our 235g Flat Point Gas-Checked . Velocity of 2200FPS from a 20" barrel and 2525Ft-Lbs of energy. $32 box of 20 (ordered x 2)

1. .375 Winchester with the Barnes 255g Soft Point at 1870FPS and 1980FPE. $46 Box of 20 (ordered x 3)

1. New .375 Winchester ammunition with 265g flat point gas checked. These are hard cast with our alloy that does not lead the bore and will not shatter on bone. Velocity is 1800FPS Energy is 1906FPE. $35 box of 20 (ordered x 3)

·
Registered
47 Posts
You gotta keep watching. Winchester made a run of 375 last summer and Graf & Sons had Jamison brass in January. I don't know why there isn't a company that consistently produces ammo or brass but it must be low demand. Haha! The Winchester ammo sold out the same day it hit MidwayUSA. Also, be careful, some loaded ammo is 30-30 brass blown out to .375 and won't take the pressures. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
You gotta keep watching. Winchester made a run of 375 last summer and Graf & Sons had Jamison brass in January. I don't know why there isn't a company that consistently produces ammo or brass but it must be low demand. Haha! The Winchester ammo sold out the same day it hit MidwayUSA. Also, be careful, some loaded ammo is 30-30 brass blown out to .375 and won't take the pressures. Just my 2 cents.
Did you not read my post above? Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC offers several different loads of 375, loaded in 375 Winchester brass. I ordered 3 different loads at a decent price and received them in less than a week. The price, IMHO is pretty good considering you get loaded ammo then have once fired brass to reload.

I haven't fired any of them yet and won't be able to until I return home in September from Europe. I will order some more loads this week to be waiting on me when I get home, because I believe, what you have you have.

I also posted a thread earlier that gave a heads up on available bullets and brass for both the 375 & 38-55. The brass was blown out 30-30 and was not all consistent in length, but I will use the ones (99 %) I saved for plinking loads.

I also ordered and received Heavy 38-55 ammo from Buffalo Bore because they can be safely fired from the Winchester 94 BB 375. Thought I'd give them a try.

My point is, there are options out there whether you want factory ammo or components to reload.

Reactions: Arkie

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
A question I have: the 38/55 and 30/30 were drawn from same button. I the new aftermarket brass true 375Win brass or just the
same as 38/55-30/30 with 375Win head stamp? I saw X? 375Win brass at show recently . Guy had 60 and wanted $30 per 20. I
didnt by because they looked like they had been reloaded several times and were grungy. I've got a couple hundred new Win brass
and 160 1x & 2x and I'm using single shot rifles, so that is life time supply. I will still pay [email protected] for 1x but that is far as I go. I won't
by aftermarket until I find out if it is actual 375Win brass. If it's not you might as well blow out 30/30s.

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
There is a lot of 375 brass out there for sale, I see a lot of loaded ammo around here as of late, I know it is hard to find in some places !!!
I have not had a hard time finding 375w brass or ammo but would have a hard time paying scalped prices. I'm like
George Foreman, I want a lot and want to pay little. The new makes and Win run of 375 has brought prices down

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Yes, 375 brass can be hard to find. That's why I am buying up loaded 375 ammo at what I consider to be a decent price, after I fire it I will have plenty of once fired brass that should last my life time.

Reactions: flatnose

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Yes, 375 brass can be hard to find. That's why I am buying up loaded 375 ammo at what I consider to be a decent price, after I fire it I will have plenty of once fired brass that should last my life time.
That's how I got most of mine.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Starline is going to be making 375Winchester brass according to their website. Go there and look at their "upcoming products" and you'll see it listed. Get on the "notify me" when they make it and hopefully they will start producing them soon.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Starline is going to be making 375Winchester brass according to their website. Go there and look at their "upcoming products" and you'll see it listed. Get on the "notify me" when they make it and hopefully they will start producing them soon.
Did that and had some friends do it too. Hope it works.

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
If you are running lower pressures simple thing is to find some WW 38-55 brass. Outside dimensions are much the same.

Blowing out once fired 30-30 is a good source.

For that if you have Lee dies, buy an expander for a .375 H&H it is long and tapered. Lubed well it expands 30-30s to a reloadable size in one stroke of the press.

Caveat is if you are going to run high pressure loads in your .375 use your .375 brass for that. Low loads use the alternatives. Good reason for that, see the attached sectioned brass.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Thanks Swany. As I have stated before I use my .375 brass for full power jacketed bullet loads and 38-55 brass cut to .375 length for cast bullet loads in my Marlin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts