Marlin Firearms Forum banner

375 Winchester Range Report, Pet Load

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ballistics04 
#1 · (Edited)
I dialed in my 1980 Glenfield 30A 375W re-bore today. The rifle wears a Weaver 2-7x32 scope. My pet load is Jameson brass, 200gr Sierra FNSP, and 35gr H4198, loaded with Lee dies and Lee FCD. Range distance was 100 yards on a portable shooting bench.

I also shot some Winchester 200gr factory loads for point of impact comparison.

My pet load (#3) group size was 1". The factory load (#4) group size was 2", for 3-shots. I adjusted the scope right 2 clicks after group #3 with my pet load, then shot the factory load.

Shot groups 1 & 2 were two shots each to foul the barrel and adjust the scope.

The Hodgdon web site puts my pet load at 2288 fps out of a 24" test barrel. It's their starting load. I haven't clocked it with my chronograph yet. My rifle has a 20" barrel.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking great there Todd! I will be hunting with A1680 and a 220 gr Hornady jacketed bullet. Can't wait for Nov to get here!

Reactions: ballistics04
#3 ·
Thanks Jay! I never had the time to really dial in my Glenfield 375W with my handloads until yesterday. I had other rifles sighted in, so that's what I used.

I also sighted in my re-bored 356W yesterday with factory Winchester 200gr FN. So now I'm more ready for hunting season than I've been in the last 7 years. It's been a great year for my Marlinitis.

I need to get busy and load more ammo for several of my Marlins.

Reactions: Ret_Eng
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.