Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to email the Sales Department at Hornady,and let them know that the 375 Winchester is still alive and very popular. If enough of us do,we can convince them to add the caliber to the Leverevolution line. [email protected]

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I own 3 firearms chambered for the .375 Win. Do you feel that there is enough market for a caliber that Marlin produced rifles for only 3 years? I might try a box to test, but I will not make them (Hornady) rich. But that is just me.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The same bullet would work well for the 375 JDJ also. In fact the gummy bullet could replace there 225gr. spire pt. bullet & kill two birds................deer...........with one stone...............bullet.

I think a 220-225gr bullet would be a good compromise. I really want a 250gr for my 375 JCC but i don't see that happening at all. A 200gr would be a disappointment.

John

·
Registered
329 Posts
Speaking as a 444 shooter, I will say that you are not missing much. The differnece in bullet drop is minimal and in the case of the 444, the case is shorter and sacrifices power/speed. I also don't think that the construction of the bullet is very good.

That being said, more choices is always better and the 375 win probably will not have to be shortened to work.

·
Registered
550 Posts
IMHO, it's more about retained vel. & energy than bullet drop. At 2300fps a 30-30 is never going to shoot very flat but if you can keep the vel & energy up, then a 200yrd hit will be the same as at 100yrds. That's where the FTX bullet shines compared to a flat point bullet. Retained energy.

I do agree that hornady dropped the ball with bullet construction. I understand the bullet needs to expand at lower velocities than "normal" but they should have made it with a thicker-tougher shank & kept the interloc ring. Make the nose as soft as you like but the shank needs to hold it all together. They missed the boat on that part for sure.

John

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm waaaay ahead of you pard. Wrote two letters so far. Go the song and dance, "Your suggestion is being strongly considered by ..." I'm still waiting.
I finally suggested that Hornady just offer the bullets for reloading. they could prob do it on the same machines that run the 35 Rem.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
I really don't care if they make the ammunition. I would like to see 220 gr. lever bullets for reloading.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Marlin wasn't the only rifle maker to offer the 375, Ruger, T/C and I may be wrong, but I think Winchester also chambered the 1885 and maybe the 94 as well. I would buy the FTX bullets and some of the loaded ammo as well. I also asked for 7-30 waters ammo and FTX 7mm bullets. DP

·
Super Moderator
15,820 Posts
email sent

EDIT TO ADD: Reply from Hornady 2:34pm today

We don’t have any plans for this, but we’ve had a lot of requests. We’ll discuss it!

Thank you.

Hornady Sales Team

phone 1-800-338-3220

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
You have a Barnes bullet with a .290 bc and I don't think you would do much better with a FTX nose.

"fk"

·
Registered
550 Posts
I got a more encouraging replay back for Hornady.

"We are looking at the 375 in a MONOFLEX. Not sure where it will shake out. But need to look at it. Thanks for the note."

I would be happy with that. A MONOFLEX makes the most since for the 375 because we will only get one load or bullet so it will work in all areas including the lead free zones that are starting to pop up. I just hope it is a 220-225gr & not a 200gr.

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am quite happy with the 2K or so 220gr FPs that I currently have... not likely to shoot them up in my lifetime... but ya never know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heard back from Hornady today that the 375 Winchester will be added to the Leverevolution line. No date for release though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts