Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,391 Posts
It's what you are willing to pay. For an original, Maybe. For the original, it's whatever you are willing to pay. I've spluge before and know I paid too much. It was worth it for me though for those very few moments. Not a regular way to spend money if you are not rich.

AC

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nope

I've owned FOUR at one time. 99% of Marlin .375s were pre safety. All 4 of mine were.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Is a like new 375 Marlin pre-safety rifle worth $1,700?
If you want it, have the money, buy it.

Is it over priced? Absolutely. That said........

No one is making any more of THAT rifle anymore. However, I recently sold a Marlin Pre-Safety 35 REM for $800 to a Collector. He was looking for that rifle for years. He told me the 35 REM is going for $1000 on Buds Gun Shop. There is still ammunition available for the 35 REM, not so the 375 unless you roll your own. :unsure:

You can always offer him $1200 and see how it goes. If you really can't afford it, walk away. :p

Mike T.

·
Super Moderator
26,020 Posts
I paid 700 bucks for my 1980 model back in 2018---first Marlin 375 I had ever seen in person. Can't buy them for that now.....

·
Registered
615 Posts
I believe back in the day 30-30 Marlins were sent back to the factory and 375 barrels were installed for customers that wanted it. Hence the 375’s with a safety. I have read where this was done. BTW, Winchester does a run of 375 every few years. Last time was about 3 or 4 years ago. Midway had some for 30 bucks a box. Bought 2.

Reactions: MOOSE EARS

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If you have the money and you want it, get it. I paid a high price for a marlin 783 .22 magnum because it was out of the box perfect and I wanted it. If you are in a situation to do a little dickering, you could offer 25 % less and see what happens. If you can't, it's a decision you have to make. That is probably the highest I've heard of one going for, but if it's as nice as you say it is, and you keep it that way, that price might be average down the road a bit. If I wanted it, I'd get it. You can make more money, but they don't make JM Marlin Model 375's anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts