Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was out - I thought I was free of this temptress called the 375. Two times have I purged myself of this cartridge but I'm weak, I can't break free; but why would any man wish to. I succumbed on Friday to yet another. She came with two boxes of vintage ammo. I have no use for sheep or goats but 20 hecktares of land would be nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
VERY nice rifle.

If Ohio lets us use straight walled cartridges to hunt deer, my 375 is gonna get a workout this year.

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
VERY nice rifle.

If Ohio lets us use straight walled cartridges to hunt deer, my 375 is gonna get a workout this year.
+1 on the straight wall cartridges. I was kind of on and kind of off again on straight walls - then I got a 444 and 450 Marlin and it was back on again. Saw this at the FFL while picking up another rifle. It was just too nice to leave behind.

EDIT: Doesn't hurt that it was priced under $500 either. Maybe third time is the charm.

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey HD,

That is a fine looking .375!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Ha Dingus

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The .375 WCF.is a LOT more cartridge than paper ballistics would have one believe. That combo will handle anything in North America, it, at its worst, is a 200 yard 30-06. :beerglass:

·
Registered
542 Posts
very nice gun at a great price. The .375 is on my short list of Marlins I want.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Under $500!?!?!?!??! Fantastic steal!! Keep this one or pass it on to someone at a good price if you must. (But why would you let it go?) I also think anything in the lower 48 could be hunted with this cartridge and the right bullet. DP

Reactions: Tomray

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Under $500!?!?!?!??! Fantastic steal!! Keep this one or pass it on to someone at a good price if you must. (But why would you let it go?) I also think anything in the lower 48 could be hunted with this cartridge and the right bullet. DP

Same could be said about my 35rem!:ahhhhh:
very nice rifle Ha Dingus!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Same could be said about my 35rem!:ahhhhh:
very nice rifle Ha Dingus!
Fran, you didn't think I was gonna argue with that, did ya?:biggrin: DP

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
Nice looking rifle! Congrats :congrats: