Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk of converting 30-30's to .307 and .35 to .356 I was wondering if anyone has converted a 375 win to a jdj. I may be talking out of my ass here I haven't looked at the pressure of the cartridge, it may be too much for a 336. It looks like it would give a couple hundred feet per second boost to the 375, and its based on a 444 case.
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
260Brian said:
With all the talk of converting 30-30's to .307 and .35 to .356 I was wondering if anyone has converted a 375 win to a jdj. I may be talking out of my ass here I haven't looked at the pressure of the cartridge, it may be too much for a 336. It looks like it would give a couple hundred feet per second boost to the 375, and its based on a 444 case.
Brian
Dude... That avatar sucks... makes you want to go crazy or something!

Anyway, I think the big problem with the 375 JDJ is the cartridge's overall length, 3.13" and that just isn't happening in the Marlin action. Working on the ejector and carrier you can get the Marlin to handle about 2.62", a lot of 444 shooters do that. The case itself is 2.25" and I would consider the 336 capable of 2.55" to 2.5" only leaving .25" to .255" of bullet sticking out. I suspect that is why you don't see it.

Dang that avatar...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Ranch Dog I guess that answers that question. If you had to jam the bullet in that deep you wouldn't have any room for the powder to give you the advantage over the Winchester. As far as my sleestack avatar goes it is pretty hideous, but I thought there might be some Land of the Lost fans in the house. I was updating my profile and I noticed the avatar size requirements. The sleestack picture I had saved was close so I went with it.
Brian

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I fixed the avatar and put last years deer on with my M375. Brian

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I got him last year about a mile from my house. He was pawing at the ground, with a pack of doe around him. I used 220 grain Wisconsin cartride company ammo and hit him right behind the shoulder. He ran in a circle and hit him right behind the opposite shoulder with another. The slower bigger slugs made nice neat holes without the explosive effect my .270 has.
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts