979 Posts
Wonderful rifle, wonderful caliber !
Where did you get the barrel???

Buckeye

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found this barrel and a 356 barrel on ebay. I plan on doing the 356 this spring. HYDE

·
Registered
979 Posts
I looked for a 375win. barrel for a Marlin for a while ,and I found a 94 BB in 375win., for $ 350.00 and it came with 3 boxes of Factory ammo ,2 boxes where 250 gr.,and 60 pieces of brass.The gun is in overall good shape some scratchs ,looks a though been dropped. But its going to be a huntin' rifle,so it don't matter.I've got a NIB .356 94 BB.
I really like the 375win. round it has lotz of punch ,and not alot of recoil, overall a good cartridge for a levergun,a perfect balance between a 30/30 & a 45/70.

Buckeye

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to have this rifle rechambered to 307 before I started hearing about problems with rechambered guns. About that time I got the 375 barrel. A week later I found the 356 barrel and that put the 375 project on hold for few months. I would love to find a win. 94 in 307 someday but it will have to wait for now. right now I want to find a nice pre safety 336 for the 356 barrel. HYDE

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Wood?

Where did you get the stocks?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Ditto Redie Freddie's question. The Stock looks like a 336 D stock and the fore stock looks like an it came of an older RC model.

Wherever they came from the rifle looks great!

SS

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hyde,

If not too personal, what did you have to give for the .375 barrel. Looking for current market value.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The butt stock came from Wild West Guns, they sell a lot on ebay. I think it went for $19 and was from an 1895G. The forend came from Gun parts Corp. and I ordered one for a 375S. The mag. tube, mag. spring and forend cap came from a guy in Nova Scotia and are from a 1950's 336 .35 rem. The barrel cost way more then I am willing to say. The 356 barrel actually cost about $40 less then the 375 barrel. Ebay has a lot of great parts but sometimes it takes awhile to find what you need. HYDE

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice :shock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts