Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this 375 at a gun show last saturday. While I was negotiating with the dealer two other guys tried to buy the gun. Luckily the dealer had told me his best price and I told him I'd buy. Made in 1980 and couldn't find any marks on it.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Good for you Biggog! We had a show here in PA two weeks ago and I was amazed at finding three yes three .375 Marlins at the show! Pretty good considering i've never laid eyes on one! I didn't buy, but did pick up a ported Guide Stainless! The prices on Marlins seemed to be more in line this year! Two years ago they were through the roof!

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
bigdog was that the Roulette show?????

·
Registered
513 Posts
Biggog,

Nice rifle Biggog!! :D What other Marlin's did you see there?

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skwirl; Yes it was. I saw one other Marlin & it was an SC. Wanted as much for the SC as the 375.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
You have got 1 fine rifle there I almost bought it but income tax is due

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
biggog said:
Found this 375 at a gun show last saturday. While I was negotiating with the dealer two other guys tried to buy the gun. Luckily the dealer had told me his best price and I told him I'd buy. Made in 1980 and couldn't find any marks on it.
bigog,

Nice looking rifle. 375's seem to be very popular with a lot of hunters, and I think they're an excellent investment too.. I have one also, but I should use it MORE!.............Too many othere to choose from, I guess. 220Gr jacket flat points are quite accurate in my rifle.
Good Luck with it. I think you'll like shooting and hunting with that one.

Tom

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Congratulations on a good find, not gonna ask what ya paid. I found mine at a show last year NIB with the JC Penny price tag hanging on the lever. I need to get some more loads ready for seeing what she likes best, so far everything has been hunting accurate, but not as good as the same loads in my 38-55. DP

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tomray: Didn't go there looking for one. Just happened to see it picked it up and liked it. You know the old saying, the time to buy it is when you see it. First one I'd ever seen. It also doesn't hurt that they only made a little over 16,000 of them in 4 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts