Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a "e" prefix 36 ADL at my gunsmith friends shop for 350.00 the blueing is near 90-100 percent the wood is a litttle rough but nothing that can't be fixed with some care it's in 30-30 caliber but no bullseye is present it looks orignal[[the stock] and is with a pistol grip ,short magazineand looks to be a 22 or 24 inch barrel it's marked 36 ADL on the barrel

G

·
It has 24" barrel from the factory and should have a bullseye in the stockand if it an ADL the stock should be checkered :D If it isn't someone replaced the wood :( Which to me isn't a big deal ,at that price you can sit on it until you find factory replacement wood or have it stocked or use whats on it 8) Thing you need to remember is normal run of the mill 336's in good shape will bring close to that :idea: and they haven't made 36's in a while :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
NO, no no! The model 36 is often found with an "ADL" marked barrel, but no checkering on the stocks! Marlin made up a huge number of 36ADL barrels, and sold very few guns, so they used up their supply of barrels on regular 36a models. So it's very common to find regular model 36's with ADL marked barrels. I've had a several myself.
The only way to confirm you have a real ADL, is the checkered stocks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out after further research that Marlin also made the regular 36 a's without installing the bullseye also so I 'm at least sure that it's all original , it's just a 36a not a 36adl which to me ain't a bad thing just not as good a thing! thanks for your help it saved me a lot of brainracking and in the words of our compatriot "you learn something new every day wether you wanty to or not!."Shootrj2003

1 - 6 of 6 Posts