Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a 36 Sporting Carbine saturday. It looks to be a third variation at about 87% blueing and 90% wood. Caliber is 30-30. The only problem I see is the buttplate which seems to be of recent manufacture. Would this rifle be priced fairly in the $400-$500 range :?: Don't want to screw the guy that has it but don't want to get stuck either :!:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Seems a trifle high for a 36. That much for might be okay for a 1936. SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I'm with Hogger. I'd guess it should be more in the $350 range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy wants a stainless synthetic Ruger 7744 for it ..... don't believe I can get one of those for $350 :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well what do you know minor miracles do occur :D I got the 36SC from the guy and in the $350 range :D :!: Now I have somthing else to load for and shoot....dam more work :D

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Congratulations 6pt! More work, but a labor of love!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marlinman93 said:
Congratulations 6pt! More work, but a labor of love!
Thanks , MM93 :D I think in the near future I will have to break into the HIGH DOLLAR world of the 1881's and original 1895's. Guesse I'll have to start working a lot of OT :!:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention the gun also has a Williams reciever sight, not my first choice but cheaper then buying a Lyman :D

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Well it all comes around sometime, if you're patient, and keep actively looking. Even that 1881, or 1895 may come your way some time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts