Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they interchange? I think the old deep-rradius levers give the rifles a much more graceful appearance, snd - if the levers do interchance - I have an idea why Marlin went to the present profile.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
they are different levers and do not interchange.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I will try and get some pictures of both for you...or if you have a copy of the Brophy book there is a great image of the changes that have been made. I know the throw is different, with the 36 being a bit more like the 1894. I will try and get some more info for you and images...sorry my initial post was so short. Cat adoption day here (2 new ones) and all is a little out of wack.

·
Premium Member
12,095 Posts
I think it would work. I know a 336 lever can operate a 1893 so I cant see why a 36 wouldn't work. The throw of a 336 & 36 are the same, the 94 is shorter because the cartridges its chambered for are shorter. The geometry in a 1893, 36 & 336 are the same. Lifters can be made to work too, though the forward edges have different profiles the relationship between the rocker & lever are the same.
What I think might be the biggest hurdle is the curve. I'm not 100% certain but I believe the 36 has a tighter radius on its pistol grip and a current 336 lever will need to be bent to fit against the lower tang. Some of the early 336's had 36 levers now that I think about it, as well as 36 trigger plates without the trigger block.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I was looking at the picture in the Brophy book last night and I think you are right. I cant download pictures right now but will try my 36 lever in various 336 and see if it will work. (yuuuuuuh666666666666666666666666 cat decided to add her 2 cents worth.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts