Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna
Next year is our 35th anniversy, do you think I should take her on an Alaska Cruise or to Hawai, Please don't make fun of my spelling. I put 2 O's in sh-t the other day. She wants me to decide I really want to go to Alaska but I guess the sunny beaches should win.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was always told the best time to take a woman to Hawaii is before someone else does....................................................OTTO

·
Registered
243 Posts
Uhhh..........will you be whale watching?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ANNA/OTTO

YOU THE MAN!!! Thats where I felt we should go because that what I thought she wanted. But she kept telling me Alaska was good also, in my heart nothing beats a Sunny Beach for a SOB (Sweet Old Boy).
Hey Thanks OTTO and I truly hope you've decided against Iraq.

·
Registered
670 Posts
it's for both of you...

Dear Horse Thief,
I am assuming that your wife has expressed a desire to go on a
cruise. Has she said where she wants to go? There's a lot of variables
in planning such a trip and obviously you want it to go smoothly so the two of you can enjoy yourselves during this special occasion. The most important thing is to go some place where you both want to go.
When you have the location narrowed down to like 2 places, which it
looks like you have, you can go to the internet and get all kinds of info which can help you make a final decision. After all, don't assume that
all cruise lines are the same. Make sure you check out things such as room size, what stops are made, what amenities are offered on the ship
and compare prices. Which offers the better deal and includes things
you'd like to do? You have plenty of time, but don't wait too long so
you can get the trip that you want. Bon voyage!

ANNABELLE

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Make sure you ask about skeet shooting from the boat. :D Never been on a cruise myself & doubt if I ever will, as the thought of being cooped up with all them people doesnt sound like my cup of tee. If I did go tho, I would want to be able to do something I enjoy, & shooting skeet is better'n ping pong & shuffleboard, IMHO.
On second thought it might be fun. Dinner & dancing in the evening, Shotguns & clay pigeons during the day! I'd say let her pick the destination, so long as its a pro gun boat. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
If you are considering a cruise to Alaska, via inland passage, now you can take it from Seattle Wa. I did it about five years ago (had to leave from Vancouver Canada then) it was fantastic. Seven days there and back it may be 8 roundtrip from Seattle, not sure. Was on the USS Statendam. 1/4 mile around the deck. They had live theatre/shows, a movie theatre, numerous lounges, Very relaxing. Do bring a pair of pants one size bigger than the ones you wear when you start out. Make sure you take advantage of some of the side trips. Buy tickets early as they are likely to upgrade you when you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts