Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Marlin 336/30-30 and this week will pick up a new .410.

My next quest (yes, I have been bittin' by the Marlin Lever Action Bug!!) is a "functional" cowboy setup. After doing my research, I have almost concluded that the best set up for me would be a Marlin 357 and a matching caliper Ruger Blackhawk. My definition of “functional” is; home defense, hunting and affordable plinking.

The Ruger Blackhawk 357 has the extra cylinder for 9mm. So an owner has three options available; the 38/357 and with the extra cylinder 9mm. But, I have a lingering thought in the back of my mind that I can't resolve, the "44mag"; any suggestions including other combo's would be appreciated!

Many thanks,
~PD

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
45 Colt has been my combination for a while now, and I still like it. You can get the BH in 45 Colt with a 45ACP cylinder. I don't have a need for such, but it's available.

One other consideration, the 44 mag will shoot 44 special just fine.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I have combo's in 357, 44 mag and the 45 colt. Great way roll. ;) I have a Blackhawk with the extra 9mm cylinder, but have never used it. Could be useful :-\ in other places, but the 38 spec. and 357 mag are pretty easy to find all over the US. DP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts