Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I purchased an 1894 in 357 for its economy, utility and fun factor.

Later I picked up an 1894 in 44 Rem Mag at a garage sale... Since that time the 357 doesn't get much range time anymore. Though the 44 is more expensive to shoot I prefer it.

Either way, you can't go wrong but you really NEED both... Yup I guzzled the Marlin Kool-aid.

Reactions: rwt1405

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I was going to recommend .35 Remington as a hog gun. I have both the 35 Rem and the .357 magnum 1894C. Actually, I was very tempted to take the 1894C deer hunting this year using 158gr FP/XTPs. I like how light it is. I have an FP sight on it. I found many great loads in the Load Book available from MidwayUSA. They also make one for 35 Remington. Nice thing is, you can use the same 158gr XTPs in either gun!

Have fun! But be careful, that .357 goes thru ammo like you would not believe. I don't know where it goes!! Might have something to do with those extended sessions on the plinking range :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,060 Posts
Kurt, I can say UNEQUIVOCABLY that the 1894 in stainless is the coolest, smoothest rifle you will EVER own. Mine gets slicker every time I shoot it, and the trigger is beyond belief. I broke the barrel in very carefully, my buddy did not, after he bought the same gun. Mine shoots rings around his! Mine has around 6000 rounds thru it, and just to hear the action as it cycles is enough to make me giggle. I've owned Marlins for 20 years, but this one is a joy to mine eyes, my trigger finger, my ears, and my Target Book. Trust me on this, if I was limited to one rifle for all chores, from plinking to Bambi to predators to paper punching and anything you can do at under 150 yards, this one is the goods. Buy one, play with it, and thank me later!

Papajohn

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, I want one. I started a new part time job at a local gun store yesterday, and I think I'll have them order me one.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts