Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to get a 1894 precrossbolt safety 1894 18.5" barrel in 357 mag. No letter after the 1894. The price is $250. With mothers day coming up I'll end up having to take the wife some place really nice for dinner. The question is McDonalds or Burger King. Mark

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Gday Mark, Sounds like a bargin , you'll have a new rifle and a nice night out, win win situation.
Cheers
Mark :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Definately a good deal. :D

The first 357 rifle I had was the exact model you're refering to. It had a micro-groove barrel, dove-tailed front sight, was slick as butter, and shot like a dream. If it's in any decent(not abused) shape, it's well worth that price. I'd highly recommend that you buy it if you're wanting a 357 lever action.

You'll never be the same again... 8)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just got mine about a month ago, same deal, same price, 95%+ condition. Go for it. The Micro groove barrel WILL shot cast bullets just fine.
The only problem I've had with mine is keeping enough ammo loaded up to keep shooting it.

F

·
0 Posts
Time to turn the tables in a way that a woman will understand.

Tell her that you are thinking about a new 1894 which will cost about $450, then go buy the $250 dollar gun and bring it home.

Then explain to her "See how much money I SAVED?"

:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I gave $130 more for mine recently and am pleased with the deal, so yes, jump on it!!!
Regards,
Rich

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Well, if she gives you a lot of grief over it, or, if your conscience starts to bother you, then you could just sell it to me. You can get your money back and buy her a nice pair of earrings and dinner at a fancy restaruant. I'll even pay the shipping. :D ....Later,B.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Orygun Mark said:
Have a chance to get a 1894 precrossbolt safety 1894 18.5" barrel in 357 mag. No letter after the 1894. The price is $250. With mothers day coming up I'll end up having to take the wife some place really nice for dinner. The question is McDonalds or Burger King. Mark
Burger King wins hands-down.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wife doesn't really care as I am buying it from a person she knows. Just trying to figure out which restaurant is best as it's a standing joke. The gun is 95% or better and hasn't been fired much. It will soon join my 336's (4), Glenfield 30 and a 1894 FG. Mark

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked it up yesterday. Had to wait for the friend I was buying it from to be home. Don't know how to post pictures. It joined my Glenfield 30/30, 336's in 30/30 RC, 32 Spl RC , 35 Rem SC, 35 Rem A and 1894 FG. Now to find a decent priced 32 Spl A or SC. Mark

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lucas McCain said:
But where did you take your wife to eat? :?:
Rodeo steak house. Across the street from McDonalds and Burger King. She thought I was serious until I turned right instead of left. Mark

·
Premium Member
18,011 Posts
Kinda like the old Bait And Switch......but in a good way! Good Stragedy.

Fweidner, you make your point as elegantly as ever. That tactic has worked for me before!

Papajohn

·
Registered
402 Posts
FWiedner said:
Time to turn the tables in a way that a woman will understand.

Tell her that you are thinking about a new 1894 which will cost about $450, then go buy the $250 dollar gun and bring it home.

Then explain to her "See how much money I SAVED?"

:D
NOW yer thinkin'!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I hear that ALL the time. "But honey, it was on sale!"

Better to ask forgiveness than ask for permission! :twisted:

Take one from the womans' shopping play book.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts