Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 1000 rounds of once fired 357 brass(no nickle all brass). Anyway, it appears that most of it has the Headstamp S&B which I would assume is Sellior & Bellot, and another Headstamp I can't figure out. The one I am unfamiliar with has *I* on it. Does anyone know what this brass is, *I*?

Furthermore, does anyone have any experience with either of these two brands of brass? Does it work as well as the big 3(WW, Fed, & RP)? Thanks for any help.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Check in the 336 section just read about someone buying a 1000 rounds of S & B. Reasonable price and I think someone posted they were reloading it with no problems. Not sure about the I.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SS,

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it is Starline, unless it is an older headstamp that has been discontinued. Take a look:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
OK, this is a bit of a wild guess, but I think it might be Canadian. Imperial maybe? At first, I thought it might be Iraeli Military Indistries, but their headstamp is IIRC IMI.
S&B has been pretty good brass for me. At least I haven't had any problems with it so far.
Paul B.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The *I* headstamp is "Independence" which I think is some sort of subsidiary of CCI and those folks and is out in Lewiston, ID.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts