Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been planning on buying a TC encore or g2 but ran across a new marlin 1894 357 for around $550 if i remember right.so im wonder if this is a good price on a new one or not.ive been wanting a tc for awhile but something about that 1894 just felt right ;D.so now im confused ::)
thanks
Kawie

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
That is what a new one goes for. A friend of mine got one new last week. That is what he paid for his.

If you can find one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got one and love it. You will want to shoot .38s all day. I paid probabely too much for mine, but I paid $540.00 for one that was used, but looked new. It does have a saftey, but was made in 2007 and has really pretty wood. Had the wood been plain I probbaley would have held out for a different one. I did find that the .357/.38 are harder to find than the .44 mag version.hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i found one an the store has a few others from 44mag,357 an 45 colt.they even have a oct.barrel cowboy.
Kawie

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's my track on the 1894C. I find it interesting that the average used price and the price NIB from an FFL, like Bud's Gunshop online, still remain quite close at the same time as the number of used rifles available for sale continues to increase. I think this is indicative of a really popular rifle where demand continues to exceed supply from the manufacturer. The Used Price trend seems to be consistent with inflation and is pretty close to $530 as of this month.

Marlin 1894C Rifle in .357 Magnum,.38 Special, Plus P, 18 in Bbl, .38 Special, Plus P . Bluebook of Gun Values (31st Edition) indicates between $365 in 95% condition and $550 in 100% condition for this gun. I have 92 recorded prices for this model gun from $325 to $705 over a period of 5 Yrs 10 Mos ending February 2, 2011. The average price as of that date was $495. No refurbs, no refinishes, regular sights. All represented as 95% or better. No distinction for import location or engineering revision, if any, no special editions, no distinctions for box, papers, tools. Current or last MSRP is $687.72.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased one a couple of weeks back for $550. However, I looked and saw the North Haven location, but did not know to further look at the proof. Only after I bought it did I read here on MO that apparently they are/were allowed to put the North Haven location on the barrel while building/assemblying them in Ilion showing the REM proof. It would certainly appear from some of the other posts that there is some contention about quality now that they are in the hands of Remington proper. I will be shooting mine this weekend. I can tell you thus far everything looks and feels right. I took the bolt out and sorta cleaned and oiled it and I didn't really see anything that bothered me to speak of. I'm lookin' forward to pointin' down range this week end. Hope all goes well with your search.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I bought one in April from a dealer in Little Rock, AR for $619.00 with tax.
GH1 :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought an 1894CSS last summer for $650, NIB, built in 2009, shipping included and believe I got a good price for that particular model. Had a few problems with it at first but they were corrected by the factory and I absolutely love it. It makes a good companion to my 1894 built in 1979 (not called 1894C at that time), love the both of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts