Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot of good things about Federal American Eagle 357 158gr jsp. I was wondering how Winchester 357 158gr jsp compares to the Federal American Eagle in the Marlin 1894c? Thanks!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can't help with the Federal ammo, but I have two 1894c's and both of them shoot the Winchester 158gr JSP into 1" groups from the bench at 50 yards..and I killed three deer with them last year and the bullets preformed flawlessly. I am very satisfied with Winchester ammo overall...at least on their centerfire cartridges and their 22 LR rimfire ammo.

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
thelongman said:
I have read alot of good things about Federal American Eagle 357 158gr jsp. I was wondering how Winchester 357 158gr jsp compares to the Federal American Eagle in the Marlin 1894c? Thanks!!
I doubt you'll ever notice a difference. The Federals are a lot more available and MUCH cheaper - they'll shoot through any coyote and, IME, small whitetails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both responses!!!! I found 1000 rounds of the Winchester for $300, so I think I will go with that.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
That's darn reasonable, be that much to buy everything for 1,000 rounds. 30 cents a round,ya done good. ;) DP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts