Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to sell a 356 er made in 1985 and I'm going to give the members on this forum first crack at this gun. The mechanical condition of this gun is very good, the blueing isn't perfect but it is in good condition, has original sight hood and hammer extension but the buttstock has been replaced with a fajen stock. A new set of rcbs dies comes with this gun and a few brass. This is the first time I've sold a gun on the internet so I don't know what the process is for shipping this gun out of state. I would post pics of the gun but I'm a little challenged in this area. I'm asking $650.00 plus shipping. Dr. A if you havn't found one yet here's your chance.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
If it is an out of state sale just find the FFL (local gun shop) that won't charge an arm and a leg to send it. Have the buyer send their FFL to the shop and when you get your money ship the rifle. Insurance is inexspensive and I usually buy a hard case (used around $10.) to ship it in and have the shop box it. I do enough business through the shop I use that it doesn't charge me anything but the actual costs. Some add a $25 fee to ship one for you. When buying I usually pay with a postal money order so they don't have to wait for the check to clear before shipping. By sending from an FFL to an FFL you don't have to worry about any laws being violated.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I'm computer challenged as well. What the heck is a Fajen stock? Is it the original configuration? We all make jokes about me getting another 356, but mine shoots well and is plenty stout, and pretty. Unfortunately, it is only a Winchester. Is this a conversion?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for taking so long to respond, we had a server crash yesterday. Thank's for the shipping info sure shot. Dr. A, the fajen company makes replacement stocks on a limited basis. This stock looks like an original but the plastic butt plate has fajen stamped on it. I live in Utah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts