Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a need for the 350 Legend at present but some MO members have expressed some interest. I have noticed that 350 Legend AR-15 uppers are now for sale online along with 350 Legend Ruger American Ranch rifles. Lee now has a die set and ammo is available to buy but I haven't seen any brass for sale as yet. Just wanted to put out a quick update for those in the market...…...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I don’t have any numbers but someone on YouTube was talking about it and showing that they cherrypicked the cartridges that they compared the 350 legend to when it was released. They picked out anemic factory ammo to put it up against.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I am a grumpy old man, so take that into consideration with what I am about to say. I refer to this new cartridge as the .350 Pelosi. Pelosi is my politically correct term for B.S. I think Winchester hired the Flim-Flam man to be in charge of their propaganda, err promotion department.

Having said all this, I am sure that the .350 will kill deer with less noise, less cost for ammo, and less thump than the .450 Bushmaster. I would like to see real world reports and not just keyboard numbers that have been cherry picked.

·
Super Moderator
23,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t have any numbers but someone on YouTube was talking about it and showing that they cherrypicked the cartridges that they compared the 350 legend to when it was released. They picked out anemic factory ammo to put it up against.
That is what I have heard as well. I definitely don't regard the 350 Legend as the fastest straight walled cartridge out there.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I’m not gonna bash the cartridge though. It will likely do a great job filling a niche. But companies and wildcatters have been tinkering for a long time to find the best cartridge. So I’m not too sure about something that comes out calling itself the legend. If it’s worthy of the name, it’ll come on it’s own. But I’m always happy to see folks stuck in the straight wall zone afforded new options.

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
My favorite cartridges are the ones I can expect to find in any gun store or Wal-Mart. I don't want go on a quest just to find ammo.
Take up reloading and you will be liberated from the limitations of the retailer's shelves. Reloading is rewarding in many ways including the therapeutic value of the process itself, the flexibility of tailoring your ammo for specific uses and firearms, the satisfaction of using your own creations and saving money to name a few.

T.S.

·
Super Moderator
23,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take up reloading and you will be liberated from the limitations of the retailer's shelves. Reloading is rewarding in many ways including the therapeutic value of the process itself, the flexibility of tailoring your ammo for specific uses and firearms, the satisfaction of using your own creations and saving money to name a few.

T.S.
Yep! The shortages I saw during the Obama years got me back into reloading. Can't imagine buying factory ammo anymore...…..

·
Super Moderator
26,031 Posts
Yep! The shortages I saw during the Obama years got me back into reloading. Can't imagine buying factory ammo anymore...…..

On July 1st, CA will utterly end any thought of buying factory ammo with their draconian ammunition laws.

I'm adding loading pistol ammo to my rifle ammo. No gun registration for me.

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
Satisfy the laws in some states specifying that the only legal 35 cal. or greater cartridge for hunting deer must be a straight wall cartridge with a case length between 1.18 and 1.8 inches.

Just one more example of a market being created through government fiat.

T.S.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
What will this cartridge do that a .30-30 or .38-55 will not do?

jmtc.
It will be a legal round in those states that only allow straight wall cartridges of an overall brass length. In Iowa the .375 Winchester is legal but the .38/55 is not due to the overall brass length of .38/55 and the 30/30 is not legal because it is not a straight wall case. Pretty cool rules don't you think?

·
Super Moderator
23,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m thinking cycle in an AR style rifle.
Yep!

Satisfy the laws in some states specifying that the only legal 35 cal. or greater cartridge for hunting deer must be a straight wall cartridge with a case length between 1.18 and 1.8 inches.

Just one more example of a market being created through government fiat.

T.S.
...and another Yep!

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I guess they think straight wall cases dont shoot as far as bottle necks.
Those bottle necked cases are specifically designed to kill people. They were invented with the AR-15. We all know how dangerous the AR-15 is. You turn you back and wham, it is killing you. You just can't trust them.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts

T.S.
I am familiar with reloading and do reload some now. But when it comes to new wildcats even reloading can be challenging due to limited load data and brass. I just stay with the more common stuff. I guess my most uncommon cartridge is the 444 Marlin. Today I learned that I really like this cartridge. No point in reloading for it as long as Hornady Superformance is available.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.