Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I bought 1500. Surely a lifetime supply. I should have waited and gotten the 100. I have gotten to shoot the lead so much I almost don't like crossing over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anybody tried to shot groups with these and how do they group? I'm looking into buying some and if they will group half way decent I'll probably buy some. I don't expect them to group as good as my regular load but they will give me much needed practice. My regular load consist of 44 gr. IMR 4198, Hornady 350 gr. FN, either Starline or Remington brass and CCI 200 primer. This load gives me a bit over 1800 fps out of my guide gun and a group of 1 1/2" or less depending on how well I am shooting that day.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
padodge said:
Has anybody tried to shot groups with these and how do they group? I'm looking into buying some and if they will group half way decent I'll probably buy some. I don't expect them to group as good as my regular load but they will give me much needed practice. My regular load consist of 44 gr. IMR 4198, Hornady 350 gr. FN, either Starline or Remington brass and CCI 200 primer. This load gives me a bit over 1800 fps out of my guide gun and a group of 1 1/2" or less depending on how well I am shooting that day.

I shoot the exact same load except with RN. :wink:

Decent accuracy, can shoot them all day and not induce flinches. Sounds like a good deal with these bullets.

Perferator

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Already shot quite a few. Accuracy is right on. No complaints. They also look normal........ Must be an overun. I think they sell more of the flat points now. Perhaps this will close out an inventory that has built up. They seem quite tough. Perhaps too tough for deer. My impression is that they might just pass through without expanding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts